Here is the list of Vodka Spirits I have Reviewed:
- Absolut Vodka (81.5)
- Alchemia Czysta (Pure) Vodka (75)
- Beluga Russian Noble Vodka (90.5)
- Beluga Transatlantic Racing Vodka (89.5)
- Beluga Allure Russian Vodka (91.5)
- Beluga Noble Gold Line Vodka (95)
- Belvedere Vodka (90)
- Black Stallion Vodka (84)
- Citadelle 6C Vodka (79)
- Crystal Head Vodka (74.5)
- Double Cross Vodka (90)
- East Van Vodka (Odd Society Spirits) (79)
- Effen Vodka (72.5)
- Grey Goose Vodka (86.5)
- Highwood Premium Vodka (86)
- Khortytsa Platinum Vodka (84)
- Khortytsa Premium Vodka (85)
- Khortytsa Structured Vodka (86)
- Last Mountain Hand Crafted Vodka (90)
- Lerskaa Vodka (73)
- Luksusowa Vodka (79.5)
- Marushka Vodka (75)
- M2 Magic Moments Vodka (84)
- Nemiroff Original Vodka (85)
- Nemiroff Premium Vodka (89.5)
- Nemiroff Ukrainian Wheat Vodka (86.5)
- Nemiroff Lex (Super Premium) Vodka (92.5)
- O2 Premium Sparkling Vodka (76)
- O2 945 Super Premium Sparkling Vodka (82)
- Patriot Excellence Vodka (93)
- Pristina Vodka (92)
- Proof Vodka (74)
- Regalia Vodka (81)
- Russian Standard Original Vodka (87.5)
- Sobieski Vodka (87.5)
- Soyombo Super Premium Mongolian Vodka (91)
- Schramm Organic Vodka (88.5)
- Signature Vodka (MASV) (88)
- Siku Glacial Ice Vodka (85)
- Shiver Vodka (76.5)
- Slava Ultra premium Vodka (85.5)
- Smirnoff No. 21 (86.5)
- Souvenir Vodka (83.5)
- Still Waters Single Malt Vodka (83.5)
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka (88.5)
- Ultimat Vodka (91.5)
- Wyborowa Exquisite (Wodka) (94)
- Zirkova Vodka (91.5)
And here is my list of Flavoured Vodka Reviews:
- Alchemia Czekoladowa (Chocolate Infused Vodka) (83)
- Alchemia Imbirowa (Ginger Flavoured Vodka) (80.5)
- Luksusowa Wisniowa (Cherry Liqueur) (84)
- Magic Moment Remix Chocolate Flavoured Vodka (80.5)
- Magic Moments Remix Green Apple Flavoured Vodka (86)
- Magic Moment Remix Lemon Flavoured Vodka (87.5)
- Magic Moments Remix Lemongrass and Ginger Flavoured Vodka (84.5)
- Magic Moments Remix Orange Flavoured Vodka (86)
- Magic Moments Remix Raspberry Flavoured Vodka (86)
- Nemiroff Birch Special Vodka (84)
- Nemiroff Honey Pepper Vodka (83.5)
- Nemiroff Premium Lime Vodka (79)
- Nemiroff Rye Honey Vodka (91.5)
- Poliakov Peach Flavoured Vodka (87/100)
- Poliakov Vanilla Flavoured Vodka
- Pristina Espresso Flavoured Vodka (91.5)
- Zubrowka (Bison Grass) Vodka (86.5)
Each Vodka Review contains a rating or score out of 100, and these scores can be interpreted using the following scale:
0-25 A spirit with a rating this low would actually kill you.
26-49 Depending upon your fortitude you might actually survive this.
50 -59 You are safe to drink this…but you shouldn’t.
60-69 Substandard swill which you may offer to people you do not want to see again.
70-74 Now we have a fair mixing spirit. Accept this but make sure it is mixed into a cocktail.
75-79 You may begin to serve this to friends, again probably still cocktail territory.
80-84 We begin to enjoy this spirit neat or on the rocks. (I will still primarily mix cocktails)
85-89 Excellent for sipping or for mixing!
90-94 Definitely a primary sipping spirit, in fact you may want to hoard this for yourself.
95-97.5 The Cream of the Crop
98+ I haven’t met this bottle yet…but I want to.
Very loosely we may put my scores into terms that you may be familiar with on a Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal scale as follows:
70 – 79.5 Bronze Medal (Recommended only as a mixer)
80 – 89.5 Silver Medal (Recommended for sipping and or a high quality mixer)
90 – 95 Gold Medal (Highly recommended for sipping and for sublime cocktails.)
95.5+ Platinum Award (Highest Recommendation)
The method I use for reviewing traditional Vodka is detailed here:
I do stray from my methodology in the case of Flavoured Vodkas. Depending upon whether I believe the flavoured Vodka is meant to be drank in the same style as traditional vodkas, or whether I believe the flavoured Vodka is meant to be a sipping and mixing drink, I will on occasion revert to the methodology which I use for my rum and whisky reviews, The Dykstra Methodology.
A note about Vodka:
Vodka is a clear distilled spirit made from practically any fermenting substance (usually grain, potatoes, or sugar beets). Vodka is usually distilled to a very high alcohol content and additionally filtered to remove almost all trace of taste and aroma. This distinguishes vodka from other spirits which are made to purposely include specific taste and aromatic profiles. Vodka is seen primarily as a mixing spirit for cocktails by most consumers, but increasingly, connoisseurs are drinking premium vodkas chilled or refrigerated as a shot style drink to be enjoyed in the company of good friends and good food.